Raining Talent
On Tuesday night, Laura had her last spring concert at Mackenzie Jr. High. I leave each one thinking it was the best ever; as well as amazed at her talent. Tuesday night was no different. (I am sure it was the best ever!)
She and her two best friends Amanda and Katie performed together. The theme of the evening was songs from the decades. They performed “Raining Men” from 1984. (Although I don’t think it was one of the big hits from the 80’s; I am thankful they didn’t choose some that were. Can you imagine my sweet little girl up there performing a Madonna or Cindy Lauper song – yikes!!!) The girls were fabulous dressed in their pink t-shirts, jeans and matching pink/brown rain boots.
To top off the evening, Laura won the “Best Singer Award” for the 2005-2006 school year. Although I can’t remember exactly what they were for, Katie and Amanda won awards too.
The BIGGEST surprise of the evening came when we got home. Unknown to me, Laura in her original search for songs from the 80’s somehow came across one of our wedding songs, “Save the Best for Last” by Vanessa Williams. This was sung by Beth (Collins) Plemmons at our wedding. She with help from her dad decided to try out to perform a solo of this song for the spring concert as a surprise for me. Unfortunately, the choir director did not choose this as a performance; however, Laura surprised me w/ a private concert when we got home. It was the most beautiful moment ever! Out of every song I have ever heard Laura sing, this was the most perfect song for her voice. It was absolutely fabulous; not to mention so, so special for her to memorize every word by heart to sing to me. We are hoping to find a way to arrange a way for her to record this song for everyone to hear.
We have all cherished the moments of Beth’s performances; but I believe a replacement has been found. (Sorry, Beth!) What I find most ironic is just yesterday I read Randy’s blog and saw the picture of Beth singing to the women while visiting w/ Kelly in Africa. We all know how much Laura would love to do that too someday. Maybe she is simply following in Beth’s footsteps – how awesome!
(click CameraGuysKids for more photos)


1 Comments:
Amazing Talent Laura!! Oh, I would love for you to come and see to us here, and for the African women! They would love it...we're so very proud of you!!
Uncle Randy
Post a Comment
<< Home