Holiday Getaway
This is part 2 of a family blog. Part one can be found on Donny's blog. (Use link to the right.)
July 4th, part 2...
We had a great time with D&K's boys. We watched Remember the Titans in their living room. I made the mistake of lying on the floor. I found out this is Tyler's territory and I should be prepared to wrestle. With some encouragement from onlookers, he made a couple of good "pounces" on Uncle Gary. I pretended to let him win a few rounds and then loose a few so he could make a comeback. My lack of wrestling experience proved to be my downfall and Tyler won...actually I called the game early.

Then as I was engrossed in the credits of the film, Tyler struck from behind. In football, this would have been a late-hit and a penalty. Knocked my breath out 'cause the boy is SOLID. At this point my loving brother said, "I should tell you that being in the floor is a sign you want to wrestle with Tyler." {no uncles were injured in this sequence}
Of course, what a Vaughn gatherings without a few "usuals" like homemade cookies and pictures. Me, Hailey and Tyler made some outstanding chocolate chips cookies. Garyn made some 4th of July flag cookies. (Toni, Laura and Kendra went to Garden Ridge...another "usual". Then we grilled burgers. We are a predictable bunch aren't we? Later, I read a book to Colby and Tyler as they went to bed.

The next morning we took one last round of photos. This time Toni tried her hand at photography and I must say has got an eye for it.


4 Comments:
Hey
We all had a great weekend and cant wait to do it again
I have loved reading all the updates and seeing the pictures.
All 3 of the girls are so grown up and beautiful!
I am looking forward to our paths crossign again soon!
Becky
Enjoyed having you all here this weekend too!! The boys enjoyed their time reading to you!! HA (sorry - Tyler cheats and doesn't like to listen ... he likes to TELL the stories)
Enjoyed both yours and Donny's postings! Kelly and I think the Vaughn kid with the American flag background (DV's blog) is a new tradition...know how we like those "traditions" in the Vaughn clan.....
Post a Comment
<< Home