My Baptism
Sunday I was baptized.
I have never been so excited in my whole life.
Saturday night I could hardly sleep.
When I got up I thought that 8:00 am would never come.
At breakfast my parents gave me and Laura a ring that has a cross on it. We are going to get our initials engraved on it as well as 7-9-06. I love it!

Then it was time to go to church.
Class is first at our church so me and Laura go into our class. David Fraze, our youth minister, tells the class about me and Laura getting baptized. After class we go into the auditorium and Nana and Papa in Littlefield are there as well as Granny, my Nana and Papa from Abilene, and Jane the girl who is living with us. We all sit down and surprisingly church did not seem to go on forever. They did the invitation and I see all of the youth group leaving. They are coming too!
So we all get up there and me and Laura change into the worst looking things in the world (lol-they are not fashionable) I go down the steps with my dad and dad asked me if I believe that Jesus is the son of God and I answer yes and then he baptizes me. It was the best feeling ever. I did not want to come out of the water.
When I do though, I go up the stairs and watch Laura.
After we are all finished me and Laura change.
As we are leaving they tell us to go into this room where all the youth group and our family are and we take communion. Then they pray over us.
All of our family comes over to the house as well as the Noles who are family friends and we have a party.
I HAD THE BEST DAY EVER!
-Love ya
Hailey
{Hailey opens a "birthday" gift at home after being baptized.}


6 Comments:
Loved hearing your thoughts on your special "rebirthh" day, Hailey - thanks for sharing. Have I told you lately how proud I am to be your aunt? You girls are so precious to me! Hugs!
I loved the fact you wrote down your thoughts on that day. Thank you for allowing me to be such a special part of your baptism.
Love Dad
Such precious thoughts from you, Hailey. I love hearing about your baptism...and hearing it from YOU! Thanks for sharing.
-Uncle Randy
Hailey,
I cannot beleive this is the first day I have ever checked the Vaughn 5 blog! My heart just thrills reading your story...your thoughts about your baptism. It was the best day not just of your life here but our lives together forever!
I am so proud of you and Laura. You both are lovely reflections of the Lord you love to serve!
I know Papa and Nana and the rest were more than thrilled to see the "spiritual torch" pass to the next generation in their family!
blessing...s jeffrey
What a great recap of a very special day Hailey!! I know you and Laura will be changed forever and again, I'm so proud of you both.
Today at church here in Africa, I shared with everyone the testimony of Laura's and Hailey's baptisms....I'm not sure what's "allowed" in the States, but that story got a roaring round of applause this morning!! Again, we're so proud of you...and I know the Aja Christians here in Benin would love to see both of you over here for a visit! (wink wink to Mom and Dad!)
Post a Comment
<< Home