Our World Traveler
As many of you already know, my sister Jessica has been gone a little over a month now with AIM (Adventures in Missions). This particular “adventure” is known as the World Race. It is made up of four different teams which will minister in 11 different countries over the next year. However, the will race against each other while traveling from each country.
Her first stop was in Mexico. She seemed to love every moment of the ministry there. They experienced extreme flooding (several feet deep); but were motivated by the natives as they continued life as normal. She met the first of many children I am sure she will fall in love with over this next year. My mother and I teased her that she would bring a dozen children home if she could. I think God is using this opportunity to prepare her to be a fantastic mother of; I am sure, many children. She is watching these children in such extreme hardships; but realizing all they really need is love and attention.
In between Mexico and Guatemala was the first leg of the race. Each team had to climb to the top of a volcano (I don’t remember exactly where.) Despite the beauty, they encountered many, many problems which resulted in pure exhaustion. It really seemed to drain their motivation. However, God delivered them safely to Antiqua, Guatemala.
Now in Antiqua, God has blessed her with many things to renew her spirit. The first exciting thing was where they would be staying…..in a coffee house. Second to her love for children, is her love for coffee. Second, within the coffee house a lady works known as “The Baker for the Maker”. She bakes as a ministry and has let Jessica and her best friend Laura hang out in the kitchen to “sample the goods”. What is the next best thing to children and coffee? CHOCOLATE!
Most importantly, after a few days of rest and renewal from the finer things in life, she has met another little boy, Alex. He hangs out in the coffee shop during the day while his mother works. Jessica has quickly become his friend and was even able to meet him mother yesterday. I anticipate she hopes to visit with the mom about Christ soon.
Be sure and check out Jessica’s blog for many more details and pictures:
http://jessicaf.theworldrace.org/index.asp?guid=9D6EFB5DA94E40C18C8D0282ED56AC
Below are a couple of pictures of her renewed smile!


3 Comments:
Thanks for sharing - that was neat to read about. I wonder if she is working with missionaries in the various areas? I think we have some missionaries in Antiqua who were a part of AIM in the past . .Sean and Barbara Gary. Probably not, but just thought I'd ask and maybe you can pass that question along. Take care, sister!
Great adventure...so much fun!
I love my aunt she is doing a great thing
love
Hailey
Post a Comment
<< Home