We're Back!!!
We are finally back in the blog world. Nothing like a sick day at home on the couch to get the kinks worked out. I honestly don't know where to begin. Like always, there is so much going on. However, we have finished up the first 6wks. of school and I think we are all settled into our new fall routine.
Laura is now a Jr. at Coronado High School. (I still can't believe it when I type it.) She is still very involved with choir and actually made varsity choir this year! Outside of school, she does very well balancing her time with a job at United Supermarket. She has been working there about 6 months now. In addition, she manages to attend as many youth activities as she can fit in. She and Hailey both attend a youth bible study on Tuesday nights, class on Sunday and Wednesdays, and then all the other activities (retreats, carpenter's kitchen, camps, etc.) that seem to be one right after another. Let me assure you it is such a big help for Laura to be able to drive! To really make us all feel old, let me throw in here that we (Gary, Laura and I) have already begun working on college opptions. Right now, Laura's first choice is LCU followed by ACU. We went to our first "College Info. Night" about 3 weeks ago; and Laura will be attending a "Experience LCU" weekend in November. We will also be looking at the same type of event at ACU. If they are too close together, she will be waiting until the spring event for ACU. I am sure she will keep everyone posted.
As for Ms. Hailey, she is as social as ever (and might I add boy-crazy too!) She is loving being the big kid on campus as an 8th grader at Mackenzie Middle School. She too has made varsity choir, is a NJHS officer, a leader in the FCA, an assitant in the Library and I know another club; but I can't think of it right now. Somedays I wonder if she truly knows the purpose of school; but she seems to as her grades are great! And even though we have entered the dreadful teenage years, as you can imagine, she still wakes up with a smile on her face. As a matter of fact, she smiles/laughs ALL the time. Including when I am trying to discipline her. (I have resolved to the fact I can discipline her and laugh at her at the same time. It is a challenge; but can be done!)And finally, our baby Garyn. (Yes, I purposely used the term "baby". Gary and I have decided that we will keep her our baby as long as possible. Especially as we prepare to send one to college. ) Garyn too might I add, loves being the baby. We tease her all the time she is the only
one who will go to Jr. High next year wanting to hold our hands. She proudly says, "Yes!" None the less, Garyn is the big kid on campus too as a 5th grader at Rush. She so loves this school and the teachers and principal are such a blessing from God. Garyn has gotten away a from being absolutely boy-crazy; but definately doesn't mind letting everyone know if she thinks someone is cute. Her biggest fascination right now is HighSchool Musical. She is sure she is going to be a movie-star when she grows up. (If not before.) She loves to sing and dance and is already planning her next act for the talent show in the spring.Gary and I are doing great. We are both still loving our jobs at TTU. Although they are keeping us busy. Luckily our "busy" time is not at the same time; so at least one of us can't keep things going at home. I think we make a great team!
On a side note, I am doing much better with my dad's death. While the year anniversary brought back so many emotions and somewhat threw me for a loop, I think I am getting back into a normal sense of life.
More to come soon..........................
Toni


4 Comments:
I get to be the first comment of you "re-entry!" Yea!
I loved the update, and my opinion is that all 3 of your girls can always be called your "babies". I know mine always will be. Love your sweet girls!
It is so good to hear all the great things about your girls! We love them so much!! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!!
-Randy
Great update! I love your family SO much! Glad to hear that Garyn is still into High School Musical as that is the music that we seem to wake up to and fall asleep with around here...this is the kind of party Tori wants this year!!!
Can't wait to be with you all next month.
Kelly
Glad you're back!! Always fun to get the update on everyone. See you all in a few weeks!!
Post a Comment
<< Home